Friday, February 18, 2011

Feb 18 (online)

First class back in Korea.
Class was short, less than two hours (of scheduled 3). But that's ok, we have enough live class hours, and originally there was no Friday class, only Wednesday (which we swapped for Friday due to my travel schedule).

Good class, more participation -- I asked more open-ended questions, and we weren't discussing a reading!

Next week Monday's class is 8:30 - 9:15AM, we will talk about 1st recordings critiques. I was happy that the first recordings were done on time, and one of the open-ended questions tonight was how that recording process went for people.

Next week Friday's class is also 8:30 - 9:15am, to talk about 2nd recordings critiques and a bit of review for the final. I also promised tonight to get some kind of review materials up on the moodle. No Wednesday class (I'm busy).

I reminded folks to get all their assignments done by Friday Feb 25th, that is the last date I will accept things for points.

We talked about portfolios too. These are not something students can do in just two hours, will probably take more like 8 hours, to do good commentaries on their learning.

And next week we will schedule 1:1 consultations for the week following, roughtly 15 minutes per consult. The consultation will include student's oral critique of 3rd recordings, discussion of the portfolios, and general review of the student's performance in the course. (Lot's of work for me!)

Tonight I also did a general comment on the first recordings, based on my notes from the one video I have critiqued so far. The purpose was to help people think about things to comment on in their own critiques. And help them do better on their second and third recordings, which they might do before we meet next Monday morning.

It was a good class.

No comments:

Post a Comment