Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Feb 9 - class failed, technology question

The class ran less than 30 minutes tonight. I couldn't get in until nearly 20 minutes late, couldn't upload documents, and it crashed after about 25 minutes or so. My mom's new computer couldn't access anything, used my old notebook and it was slower than usual. So we only got about 1/4 through the anticipated class work.

Here's my note to students after the class.

Hi folks,

So sorry about the technical issues Wednesday night. I'm checking to see what's different since our meeting on Monday, why it didn't work now when it did then.

Attached are my simple comments within the lesson plans presented. (I don't know why the comments didn't appear in Se-Ok's version, fortunately we got most of that done in the class meeting before it crashed). I had planned to present these during the live class tonight. We will discuss the other two more fully in the future, I guess. There are also some comments on the assignments page in moodle.

I am up to date on your assignments in moodle. Note that your first video lesson is due to be shared with classmates by next Wednesday evening (Feb 16). Reminder that we have no live class that night (I'm flying from USA) but we WILL have class on Friday Feb 18th, which originally was not scheduled. Let me know via email if you have problems with the recording or file-sharing.

Rob

This is very, very frustrating. I've sent a note to the school asking if there was a change in technology, and I'll investigate from my end too.

No comments:

Post a Comment