Monday, December 20, 2010

Mon Dec 20

We have a new student! But Kyungsook sent an SMS that she couldn't join us tonight.

Sunmi is joining us tonight, the first night of the second week, and we didn't have class last Friday, and Sunmi won't get the textbook before Wednesday, and most of our VOD are not yet ready. So....
tomorrow I'll do the Moodle to show a realistic time schedule for assignments.

The class was good, I think, except I had to talk too much because they hadn't yet done the readings, and didn't have assignments to talk about. I talked too fast, probably.

I had a bad weekend, and a very long day, so I'm not satisfied with my performance. But I'll be a better teacher online with more experience in this system, and as the learners get comfortable, they'll talk more and I'll talk less.

I gave them the job of thinking of a teaching metaphor. Teacher as Pilot, as sculpture, or whatever. Every time I think of this, I come up with something different, but I'm never satisfied. "How to Teach" book talks about a music conductor. Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment