Wednesday, January 12, 2011

English House Jan 11

writing this a day late...
I had planned to video my class, and I did record the first class (high intermediates). I did a pretty good job with that class, I thought. Talked too much, of course, but the 17 minutes or so at front of class had images displayed on the computer/beam projector of different types of alternate energies. Maybe I was too "content-based" on this discussion topic. Problem was that the camcorder was poorly positioned. I had hoped to put it in the window sill, as I often do, but there was no power outlet nearby. So it went in an opposite corner, which meant that even with the curtains closed there were streaks of light. And without a tripod (I could have brought one!) it was too low, so couldn't see me at all, only the backs of students. A perfect waste
The lessons later in the day didn't flow as well, lower-level students. But still, for students, it was a pretty good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment