Sunday, January 9, 2011

English House Jan 10 - Stress Speaking

For the three English classes I used a Stress Game. The stress was a need to speak without errors: grammatical, vocabulary, or pronunciation.

Today's topic was "Terrorism" (from the book)
All students keep one hand on the table, if an error, a small "slap" (for shame, not for pain).

This did not work the first time (high-intermediate class, 9:30am). Slightly better second class (low-intermediate, 10:55am). Better still third class, but I think this was a question of student personalities.

The idea is good, I think, but need to find another way. or something...

I'm ashamed to have been 3 minutes late for my morning class (third time in three weeks) and 5 minutes late for my after lunch class (first time).

No comments:

Post a Comment