Friday, January 28, 2011

Jan 28 online

The class went well enough after a couple mis-starts.

I got in at 9:02 and no one there! First student showed about 9:08, and as I was then marking in moodle I asked her to wait, second student about 9:15. Third about 9:25, but by then I had to exit and return because they couldn't hear me due to echoes and "cutting out." At 10:15 we took a break because I needed to log out again.

The content seemed fine, although I hadn't prepared one thing before the start (model test scores) and I felt I wasn't really ready to "lecture" unit 13 in Harmer... I was hoping they had read it, but they hadn't.

One student talks "enough" the other two really don't. We talked a bit about that, how I had hoped that student talking time covered half the live hours.

We talked about the midterm briefly, but more about grading/marking/assessing, which is, of course, related to the midterm as well as unit 13. They are understandably concerned about their test scores. We moved the test date back one day, because they want more time to prepare. However, I'm afraid it will negatively impact their preparation for Monday's class. Still, I made the change.

No comments:

Post a Comment